Monday, April 16, 2012

weekend vintage antics and today's outfit minus one.

Monday, April 16, 2012
What a weekend.  The sun was shining, birds were singing, food was amazing and OH the vintage finds were out in full force. Totally FABulous.  And I had concocted a similarly fabulous outfit for such vintage perusal – as shown in the images below.


 
Museum fur vest was out in full force… love it.  New wardrobe fave.
 
Weekend.  Let me explain.
 
SO mother and I hit up Daylesford for a Saturday full of amazing vintage shopping awesomeness.  First stop was the original Mill  Market on the outskirts of town; housed in a huge warehouse and features stalls selling a wide array of vintage clothes, bags, shoes and accessories; to antique furniture, knick knacks, jewellery and just about everything and anything you can think of.  I was quite restrained on this visit – only came out with one lambs wool vintage coat.  Nabbed this (albeit very mothball smelling) beauty for a cool $30 (which is heading off to the drycleaners asap). 
 
Next stop was a spot of lunch at Frango and Frangos café version – Koukla.  We managed to score one of the most coveted outdoor bench positions which has the amazing view through the grapevines of the main street of Daylesford – perfect.  Breakfast pizza, long black and mineral water certainly hit the spot.  Refuelled and ready for more shopping; next stop was the other (yes there is not one but TWO amazing Mill markets stores in town – could it get any better?) Mill market in the main street; followed by a visit to ‘Junk style’, which is a similar store product wise, but also stocks a fabulous range of quirky gifts and oddments (kewpie doll lamp anyone?).  Again, I remained restrained and no more purchases ensued; quite a feat really. i am impressed with myself.
Here are some action shots of the day:








The remainder of the weekend was spent doing house stuff.. YES much to bf’s delight some gardening did take place. Made some homemade banana pancakes for breakfast (and yes Jack Johnson has been in my head ever since) and took the pooch for a swim in the lake. Super relaxing.  On a frustrating note - my laptop has decided we are no longer friends; I had NO access to the internet at home over the WHOLE weekend – it was really pure hell.  I know some of you are hanging out for your fashion finds.. they are being completed asap and I will get them sent through.  BF is doing some investigationing and should hopefully be sorted by the time I get home… HOPEFULLY.
 
Todays outfit.  So it is getting weirdly warmer here in the coldest town in Victoria – which is strange as I am hanging out for layers, ankle boots and fur vests (of which the wardrobe room is now fully stocked again thank you spontaneous clothing combustion); but instead I am having to churn out some previous warmer weather outfits.  This one you have seen before for sure.. except for one fabulous detail:




 
Can you guess the detail????? YUP it is the newly received amazing Museum cream fur vest.  I was inspired by my Saturday outfit and wanted to replicate it as much as I could within the old 'smart business casual' constraints.  Here she is in all her fluffy glory ($80 eBay.  Unfortunately she is real fur.  Not totally suitable for a leading pet supplies retailer to get around in a real animal fur vest – so ALAS vest was removed before arriving at work.  Best to remain politically correct – fur can (and does) cause quite a stir..).  She was worn over a Seed Femme pearl coloured poly collar-less shirt ($65 in store Seed Femme – I do love the length and shape of this shirt, plus thanks to the wonder that is poly is NEVER requires ironing… a massive plus. I hate ironing).  This is worn over the super cute Aztec print Metalicus knit tube skirt ($XX xmas present – great for adding a splash of colour and interest to an outfit, but never would have thought I would be wearing a skirt mid-April in Ballarat – it is an Easter miracle).  Lastly the outfit is finished off with the old fave Seed Femme neutral ankle boots.. these babies to go with just about anything.
 
Vest removed.. outfit still okay. Wish I could wear it though.

What is this?

 
OHHH lala – hello vintage brogues.  Super quick postage – that is what I like to see.
 
FFIFY xxx

PS - LOVING the voice right now.  Just had to mention that.  I wish for a 24 hour The Voice channel. Then I would never have to leave the house.. provided my internet was back up and running! 
fashion find it for you FASHION BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment