Thursday, March 15, 2012

sample sale madness. I AM EXCITED.

Thursday, March 15, 2012
Today is a VERY EXCITING DAY.  Yes - bold font and full capital letters are requried to highlight the true extent of my excitement levels.  I am so shouting right now.  Opening my inbox yesterday I received my usual Missy Confidential sample sale alert email; but as there hadn’t been anything much good happening in sample sale land for quite a while I actually didn’t open it immediately.  WHAT A MISTAKE. It would have meant I would've been in this glorious state of anticipation for an hour or so longer.  When I eventually got around to opeing said email, OH I was in HEAVEN. There are not one, but TWO amazing sample sales happening in the big smoke from today til Saturday… that were just begging me to attend.  They were.  I could not refuse.  Immediately I started planning out my schedule around attending: Friday night? Too hard after work – way too long a drive and I prob wouldn’t make both before they shut. Boo.  Saturday? Nope no can do, off to the football in Geelong with the BF (yay). Hmm.  Only one option remaning.  So – here I am.  In the Melbourne office, on a Thursday.  I gave up my one and only chance to sleep in past 5:30 am this week to come down; but GOD… these sales are definitely worth it.  Here:


First off the bat is the Gorman factory outlet sale.  Having purchased 3 Gorman items in the past week - I am loving them to bits right now.   I have never been to one of their sales before so anticipation levels are at peak level.. Aiming to get there immediately after work; just a quick hop, skip and jump over to Bridge Rd.  FAB.  Next on the list is the Zimmermann warehouse sale, just down Punt Rd in South Yarra.  I attended their last sale and snapped up a pair of bikinis, two dresses and a silk blazer - all items I had been coveting for quite some time.  Again - excitement levels are maxed out.  How can one be expected to concentrate on work-related matters when there are so many fabulous shopping experiences to be had today??  Im trying though.  I totally am.  Really.

Just ducked out to get a vegie dumpling noodle soup for lunch.  Nom nom.  One of the many benefits on the Melbourne office is its proximity to the South Melbourne Market.  Love it.

Today's outfit.  Now there was no rhyme, reason, inspiration or thought really behind today's outfit.  Basically it was a last minute decision to zip down to Melbourne at 5:20am this morning - so I grabbed a previous outfit that I know works.  Also added the newness of the $1.67 vintage clogs - god I love these. Here:






Again - I have rehashed this outfit.  This may very well be the third time it has appeared - and for that I am truly sorry.  But, that is what you get for picking out a Melbourne appropriate outfit at 5:30 am.  SO today includes a Witchery mustard draped oversized shirt ($35 in store Witchery. Do love the drape of this shirt, and the colour works surprisingly well against my skin. Fab), worn over the old faithful navy and white striped Sportsgirl skirt ($79 in store Sportsgirl - wardrobe winner). Finished off with my ever-faithful knotted Witchery tan skinny belt, which incidentally matches the new vintage clogs perfectly.  Bang. 

In order to raise funds for the $$$$ of savings I am bound to shell out today at one or hopefully both sample sales, I put a number of items on ebay last night:

Willow printed silk kimono dress - buy it now $50 (its a little bit 'loved' hence the low price) ALREADY SOLD
Chloe khaki lace up shoes - buy it now $145 (these are BEAUTIFUL - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190652578387?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649)
Rag and Bone cobalt skinny jeans - buy it now $60 (super hot and a fab POP colour - just a little big. Sob. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190652573776?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649)
Nookie silver maxi dress - buy it now $50 (so much better in real life - gorgeous frills and fab style http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190653042763?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649)
Elissa Coleman 'Poppy' crochet detail sundress - buy it now $75 (AHmazing summer dress - I just dont wear it enough http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190653016888?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649)
Wish nude pocket detail drawstring shirt - buy it now $40 (Never worn - gorgeous on trend nude colour.  I just have one too many nude shirts! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190653045003?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649)

Hopefully this will help top up the savings tank.  I shall also be adding to these listings tonight.... add me as a fave seller!

Three hours to go until sale time.... bring it. The anticipation is KILLING me!

Spend big findettes.

FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment