Friday, March 16, 2012

hi - i'm FFIFY and I am a shopaholic.

Friday, March 16, 2012
So this post was going to be about my exciting purchases at the sample sales attended yesterday, plus some fabulous items I received in the post yesterday.  I started writing, when it hit me.  OH MY GOD.  Here is a startling fact for you.  I have just bought 15 items in the space of four days.  F O U R days. F I F T E E N items.  OH.  That equates to 3.75 items purchased on a daily basis. I don’t even want to calculate how much money that amounts to. Hmmm.   I think I may have a problem…..

As mentioned in a previous post – my shopping habits go through stages of ups and downs.  A few weeks ago, I was in the middle of a shopping funk.  Hardly anything decent was ending on eBay, and nothing in stores was really capturing my attention.  During this time, my savings got a much needed boost, as I had quite a bit of extra cash lying around.  Bonus.  And then, fast forward to present day – and there is absolutely no extra cash.   Instead, amazing items are ending every hour and sample sales coming out of my samples sales; my wallet just cannot keep up to the demand.   As my eBay account is also shared by my darling mother, she is privy to every last item I am buying online.  She is the little bird on my shoulder, telling me just how much I am spending and how I don’t need another pair of skinny black pants (two of the items bought are skinny black pants), another pair of wooden heeled clogs (two of my items were wooden heeled clogs), another striped tube skirt (one of the items was a striped tube skirt) or another pair of wide leg pants (two of the items were wide leg pants).  And don’t even get me started on her opinion of the Kate Moss for Topshop quilted bohemian floral printed jacket I nabbed last night.  As much as her harping on about my spending habits annoys me (I love you Mum) – I oh so need it to push me in the right direction.  I do need to know that my life will not be over if I don’t have all of these items.  I do need to be told that those Jeffrey Campbell wedge heeled leopard print boots are completely ugly and over the top.  I do need to be reminded that  I have a holiday coming up in which I will need spending money, but also that having a holiday doenst mean I need an entire new summer wardrobe for the eight days that I will be in Perth.  Without this constant stream of advice, I would be flat broke, and most likely in the gutter (albeit with my entire wardrobe)  So thanks to Mum, for all her hard work in keeping me on the (almost) straight and narrow shopping trip of life.

So anyway – darling Mother has put me on a shopping ban.  I am not allowed to purchase a single item from now until Monday.  And yes – I do mean this Monday (two and a half days away).  Sounds super simple right? WRONG.  There are so many amazing things ending on eBay in the next two days it is just totally unfair.  Things that I MUST HAVE.  And yet – I have given my word.  I will endeavour to remain purchase-free for the entire weekend.  And yes – there is a reward in it for me. And yes again – I can also be bribed with monetary compensation.

I will talk about the things I bought yesterday – as they are super exciting.  See below:

 Gorman beige trench with contrasting pink detail $62 Gorman sale

Zimmermann shiny black ‘Conversation’ wide leg pants $40 Zimmermann sale

Zimmermann black strapless ‘Bonded’ bikini $50 Zimmermann sale
 
FAB huh.  Totally worth the 14 hour travelling day.
 
So moving right along to today’s outfit.  Today – I had some interviews at work – so needed to look ‘professional’. Here:




Today’s super doper professional appropriate attire included: An Atelier Pearl cropped black jacket ($40 eBay).  Don’t know much about this label; they have a store in Port Melbourne with their own designs.  It’s a beautiful quality, perfectly cut jacket and I love it.  Worn over the old fave caramel sleeveless Cue shirt ($35 in store Cue); and then teamed over my POP colour cobalt Saba pants ($70 eBay).  LOVE these – walked over to the plaza on my lunchbreak today and received many compliments.  Fab.  All finished off with my $1.67 vintage wedges.  BEST BUY EVER.  Professional – bang.

And then – here is a happy snap of the FOUR parcels that were oh so kindly delivered to bootcamp that would have been waiting for me on my desk when I arrived this morning:

 Contained:  1x pair Gorman latte clogs ($80 eBay), 1x River Island striped tube skirt ($5 eBay), 1x sheer floral Shakuhachi maxi dress ($50 eBay) and 1x pair Bettina Liano black canvas skinny jeans ($50 eBay).   SCORE.

Here we go findettes – about to commence the 2.5 day spending ban.  WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment