Tuesday, March 27, 2012

alexander wangariffic and who is the bigger loser?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012
So last night I was a blubbering mess.  Curled up under the blanket with the bf and the dog, me bawling my eyes out, him laughing and the dog throwing his ball at the both of us.  Last night was the Biggest Loser makeovers. 
 
I am such a massive Biggest Loser fan.  I love the entire process – from when they first arrive on the show, what they used to eat and the amount of exercise they can (cant?) do.  I cry along with them as they weigh in for the first time, and tell their sad and sorry stories.  I laugh in delight when they experience training for the first time, and jump for joy when that one moment comes when they push past their old self and become the new and bestest ever version of themselves.  Not only do I find it unbelievably entertaining, but it also motivates me to be more active and aware of what I am eating, which is always a good thing!  But what I love most is the makeovers.  I LOVED it when that mirror slid back last night and they all looked at the NEW them with admiration and disbelief.  It was so touching, and it really shows that when you look good you really feel great.  It helps to confirm my belief that all these clothes I buy on a (regular) basis are not excessive, in fact it is all part of a therapeutic process.  IT IS GOOD FOR ME. These clothes help to define how I look, which therefore has a HUGE impact on how I feel.   You know the minute you put that AHmazing blouse/jeans/Winter Kate floral maxi dress on you are practically walking on air, gliding out the door and ready to take on the world.   Looking good is one of the best and most rewarding things you can do for yourself – so out you go and buy those amazing new platform heels, or book in a quick mani or blow wave.  That is it findettes – it is time to take a stand. When you look good – you feel amazing.  And when you feel amazing.. there is nothing you cant do.  You  TOTALLY deserve it.

How is that for a pep talk. BANG.

Okay - preach time is over. 

So – with that in mind – today I decided to bust out the Alexander Wang blazer.  Currently this is my version of the *amazing winter kate maxi that makes you walk on air* and when I put it on this morning instantly there was a bounce in my hair and a spring in my step.  Check it:





So todays outfit includes THE Alexander Wang grey marle cotton and leather spliced blazer ($150 eBay.  Will NEVER get sick of this item.. I hang it near my bed so I can look at it when I first wake up in the morning – starts the day of the bang. L O V E); worn over a Cue sleeveless caramel shirt ($30 in store DFO Cue.  Love the colour and how it stands out against the basic tones of the blazer.. adds some warmth into what could be a cool coloured outfit); and then there is the old fave Levi shiny black skinny jegging pant – albeit not looking so shiny and black anymore *wash fade from overuse alert*.  Will be heading into Myer on my lunch break tomorrow to see if I can replenish these babies – they are just too fab for words; and then all finished off with my Tony Bianco tan leather wedges.. which are in pretty much the exact same colour as my shirt. BANG matchy match.

Do we need some more inspiration shots of Olivia in the blazer? Um YES!


 FAB. Love her.. and LOVE the blazer more!

SO having sold a few things on eBay of late, my paypal balance is looking rather healthy.  Unfortunately NOT healthy enough to purchase all of these fab items.. so I am currently tossing up on which ones I want the most.  What do you think?

  Lisa Ho sheepskin jacket - $400 eBay

 Alice and Olivia faux fur vest - $160 eBay

Luella ‘Fury’ quilted box bag - $175 eBay

 Shakuhachi long faux fur coat - $100 eBay

Rick Owens leather jacket - $500 eBay

Hmmm… decisions decisions.  All VERY important items.. will you help me decide?  Comment below and let me know what you think is worth my hard earned…. I just CANNOT decide!

FFIFY xxxx

OH - just thought I would add the pic of the little boy in my life... someone didnt want to get out of bed this morning..

CUTE.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous outfit today, even more lovely than Olivia's version.

    In the pursuit of purchase voting, I am for the Rick Owens jacket in all of it's structured and versatile glory (even though I think the feeling of slipping on the Lisa Ho number would be better than climbing under an angora blanket with a hot chocolate to watch a good movie).

    Please keep blogging, I love checking in every day for your outfit and am having a blast living vicariuosly through your wardrobe (and by extension, your ebay and paypal accounts)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appalled by your ebay finds! I wish I could scout them!
    I am in love with that alexander wang balzer

    Check out our new post

    2fashionfed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay - thanks so much for your voting! I totally get the Rick Owens jacket - AHmazing.. but then I have further been informed from the seller that it would be perfect for a 6-8.. and I am not. SOB. But on the right side - this left me wide open for the Lisa Ho jacket..... doesn't that sheepskin look super soft and absolutely divine?? cannot WAIT for its arrival!!

    xxxxxx thanks so much for your interaction - love it!

    And HI fashionfed - thanks for commenting! I so LOVE the blazer as well... it is truly fabulous. Ill check out your blog xx

    ReplyDelete