Friday, March 23, 2012

rebecca black loves a good friday. as do I.

Friday, March 23, 2012
Good morning world.  Today is Friday… and then it is the weekend.  Although at this stage I absolutely no weekend plans (OH not true except to take a quick trip down to the Camberwell market on Sunday… I was tossing up whether or not to get up at 5:30am on a Sunday morning when on my twitter feed yesterday Andy from the Herald Sun tipped me off that the ex PR manager of Lee/Wrangler is having a moving to Sydney sample stall down at the market… the stall is going to be chock a block full of samples and seconds at bargain basement prices.  Never one to pass up a denim sale – this clinched the deal for me.  Ill be there – cant WAIT!) so may be a case of lurking around the Ballarat Mall and checking out what the smallest Sportsgirl in the world is up to.  FUN!

SO exciting news… today I am down in Melbourne.  And today – there just happens to be a SUPER AMAZING sample sale starting today:


Coincidence much? Not on your life.  Ill be heading there immediately after work…. Having just purchased two pairs of Bettinas in the last two weeks for the first time in six years.. they have re-affirmed my love of their super skinny fit.  I still think the waistband sits funny on some of the styles (they do have a tendency to muffin top even the slimmest of ladies) so trying on each pair is totally key.  Hours of fun to be had… cant WAIT.
Just saw on facey that Nicole Richie posted this photo of herself – in a range she collaborated with QVC:


Being a massive Nicole Richie bohemian style fan and follower (she was the inspiration which lead me down the fashion finding path) I just HAD to check this out.  Long, flowing, printed, boho-extreme maxi dresses are the things of my dreams (but aren’t you trying to steer away from this fashion? SHHH voice of reason I don’t need you right now) so needless to say excitement levels were high when I clicked on the ‘buy me’ link (http://qvc.co/_MaxiDress).  Excitement levels continued to rise when I saw that it was on sale for $116 USD – but then I became wary.  Why so cheap?  On sale already?  Then I saw…. The fabric content.  100% POLYESTER. NOOOOO Nicole – what are you doing to me??  Polyester?  SO essentially it is no different to any long flowing maxi dress that I could find in Cotton On or Valley Girl (for probably considerably less than $110USD).  Here is where the voice of reason raises it annoying little head.  Usually I would snap it up anyway… as it looks amazing on her and I want to be her and will get one step closer by buying the exact dress that she is wearing.  But in this case – I just cant.  I cannot commit to something that is 100% poly – that really can be found in just about any cheap fashion retailer; it is basically an inferior copy of her Winter Kate range.  Plus – this is the website photo that is meant to be selling it to me:

Uh - WTF? Sorry Nic – not this time. 

I hope we can still be friends.

Moving on to todays’ outfit.  Today the temperature is not going to get above 17 degrees – hello Winter I see you poking your frozen head out from around the corner.   You are on your way.. I can tell.  SO today was dressed for warmth… but then also for sample sale slash Melbourne slash meeting a friend for lunch so need to look fab as well.  Here:






Today is drapey layering goodness.  Lets start from underneath (just for something totally different) – Manning Cartell cream ruffle tunic ($85 eBay – well actually there is a Seed Femme seamfree tank in beige happening under there so technically that would be starting at the bottom but not really all that interesting so we can forget about that), with the Winter Kate (see Nicole I still love you) tomato red drape front vest worn over that ($50 eBay – first time out and about for this number.. finally got off my butt and ironed it up. LOVE it); and then over that is the White Suede most amazing black drape front leather jacket ($385 eBay.  This was a birthday present from several years ago… but this style will never go out of fashion.  The fit is amazing, the drape is stunning and the leather has a bit if a shine to it so it is completely rock and roll… it is the BEST).  Pants-wise I have on a new pair of Neon Blonde shiny black skinny zip legs pants ($15 eBay – told you I needed to expand my shiny black skinny pant collection so I didn’t end up wearing the exact same pair of Levi jeggings day in day out – these babies fit amazingly and have an ankle zip detail and front panelling and are HOT), and then all finished off with my Tony Bianco tan cutout wedges (these add the right amount of ‘corporate charm’ to the outfit… although my boss is actually wearing blue jeans today so I could have gotten away with anything!).  And there you have it.

SO hopefully I will see you at the sample sale today…. or at the Camby market on Sunday.  Or at least make sure you head on down to both venues, pick up some fantastic bargains and then email me all about them - I would love to know.. and also for proof that I am not the only person in the whole world whose entire life and weekends are built around sample sales, markets and how to get to said sample sale and markets.. please let there be more of me!

Have a fabulous weekend.. spend big.

FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment