Friday, March 9, 2012

Brisbane, Byron and beyond - bring on the long weekend

Friday, March 9, 2012
OKAY. Exciting news.  GUESS who is off to Byron for the weekend?  Kind of a rhetorical question; I wouldn’t be telling you if it wasn’t me otherwise it really wouldn’t be exciting news after all now would it? I think not.  AND – not just any weekend.  It’s a looonnnggg weekend. FAB.
 
I shall be here *insert myself in my Jets by Jessika Allen Chevron bandeau bikini here*:

   
So I’ll fess up – I am not going there for the entire weekend. OH.  I am actually just heading on up to Brisvegas to hang with the sister for the weekend; but a trip to Tallows beach is most definitely on the cards.  Itinerary as follows: tonight – fly up.  Arrive 12.30am. WOOP.  Did I mention I was up at 5:30 am for bootcamp this morning? It is going to be a long day.  I am prepared though; Berocca you are my dearest friend.  Saturday: this is to be spent shopping in Brisbane town.  Heading to the Valley, James St and then across to Paddington, with lunch in the city in between.  Dinner is planned for the Himalayan café – delish.  Sunday we are squeezing in a breakfast session in Byron in the a.m. (shopping and swimming and eating are all must dos whilst here), followed by a quick Gold Coast Cavill Ave stopover in the afternoon.  WHAT a weekend.  I shall keep you updated findettes with any purchases I nab along the way, and some super amazing how I wish you were here beach shots.

Here is today’s outfit.  Greatly inspired by my current mood ‘brightly coloured bohemian vintage-esque hooray it’s almost a long weekend and I'm heading to Byron and beaches/swimming involved and YAY shopping’.  This is me:





YES thought i'd add a happy snap of me. Arent I photogenic? UH no.

SO today I have thrown 'smart business casual' to the wind; today I am bringing back my wild bohemian roots.  Okay so I am originally from Werribee and I am unsure just how many 'wild bohemians' reside there; but still.  This is the feel I am going for.  Today's outfit includes:  HOT pink vintage silk Target shirt ($25 Round She Goes market).  Yes it is Target, and yes it is FLURO PINK.  Has rather an eighties box-tastic shape, but I am loving the drape and contrasting wooden buttons.    First time out for this little one - please welcome her to the team.  Have already had a fellow employee comment 'My my dont you stand out?' - hmmm good or bad?  Not going to think about that one too much... Worn tucked into Sportsgirl floral/paisley print button through midi skirt ($25 Mill Markets Daylesford).  Love the print, the fit, the way the previous owner tied the bottom in a knot and I cant for the life of me get it undone to I have to leave it this way permanently but its all good as I have decided I like it that way. Fab.  And then lastly I have completed the look with the lovely orangy-tan D.Co Copenhagen caged wedges.  Done and done.

I would have liked to add my statement J.Crew turquoise necklace in to the mix.. just not so work-appropriate.  I do however, have the oversized turquoise stone ring on.. a small concession to my love of jewellery that manages to pass under the 'smart business casual' radar.

OH and second most exciting news of the day - eBay purchase #34,576:


Are you ready for this? Are you sitting down?  These vintage leather sandals with wooden heels in fab condition cost me exactly $1.67.  NO JOKE. Add on $8 for postage - and I get change from a tenner.

EBAY - OH how I love you.  Don't EVER change/leave me or I will die.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend findettes - I'll keep you posted from the sunny coast.

FFIFY xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment