Thursday, March 22, 2012

BACK FROM THE DEAD

Thursday, March 22, 2012
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO findettes!!!! Did you miss me?? It has been AGES – a whole THREE DAYS since I have posted on the beloved blog!  I know I cannot believe it either.  S L  A C K or what?.

Firstly, you will all be pleased to know that I am not dead.  Although it was definitely struggle town, I made it through.  Just.   And – I have been plodding away at work and at home, not quite yet getting back to my usual super busy not enough hours in the day how am I possibly going to get all this done self, and admittedly the blog fell by the wayside.  And then – I began thinking ‘Oh its just the blog… its not really getting anywhere and no one except my Mother has noticed my lack of posts.. sob sob boo’ and began to get all depressed about it – WHEN my phone buzzed.  It was a twitter message – from my very first fashion find client who tweeted the four most magical words I have heard in a long while ‘I miss your posts’.  OH  yes let’s hear that again – this time in bold for good measure – I MISS YOUR POSTS.  Bang.  That is exactly the boost I needed. SO – its bye bye couch, weeping eyes and hanky addiction; and HELLO world. I AM BACK. Get excited.

SO.  What has been happening whilst I have been off in lalaland?  WELL.   CHECK THIS OUT:


 Oh yes – it is the arrival of the Alexander Wang cotton and leather spliced jacket as seen on Olivia Palermo in numerous outfits and god I am excited about this one!  I haven’t tried it on yet (resisted the urge to create a makeshift runway in between the cubicles in the office) but already I am in love.  I shall never take it off.  And with the weather hitting a whopping 12 degree maximum here in sunny Ballarat tomorrow – looks like I never will.  Fine by me!

What else?  Well being sick is the perfect time to peruse the net and buy stuff to make me feel better.  Which is just what I did.  Here are some of my latest purchases:


gorman camel woollen super warm winter snuggly coat - $201

kate moss for topshop boho quilted jacket - $47



shakuhachi champagne draped blazer - $32




black orchid super skinny jeans - $46


sass and bide 'a long shot' patched skinny jeans - $50

Looks like denim is getting a good run at the moment in the 'I most want to buy it' stakes – not quite sure why as I think I actually own about 50 pairs and cannot actually wear them to work so that really only leaves 104 weekend days in which I can wear them per year and then if you remove the summer months by halving this you have about 52 jeans-worthy wearable days and I would already have this many pairs of jeans so looks like I have enough pairs of jeans to alternate for each weekend day of the year. Great.  But now I can add two more to the bunch for good measure.  Plus – three jackets; who doesn’t need more jackets now that the weather is cooling down and HOW AMAZING is that Kate Moss quilted little number? Will look super hot teamed with the new jeans as above… and well probably didn’t really need that Shakuhachi blazer but since it was only $32 dollars I couldn’t really pass it up but hopefully its not going to be as shiny as I fear it may be. And then the SUPER warm snuggly Gorman egg shaped camel woollen coat is a present from my mother for my 29th birthday - so I have two WHOLE months til I can call that one mine.  Bummer - that is AGES.  I will be aiming for early birthday presents this year that is for sure. So YEAH.
 
Then there is this bag which I haven’t bought but I think I really want to and it doesn’t mean I love the MJ any less but this one is also quilted and navy and boxy with chains and just fabulous… what do you think????

I LOVE. And Luella isn’t around anymore which makes it even more rare and special and OH I REALLY WANT IT.  Buy it now $175… pretty hard to refuse!

Okay so here is todays outfit.





The girl in the Jeans West at the plaza on my lunch break said she ‘loved the warm tones and drapiness of your outfit’ – I was pretty chuffed with this after feeling like death and wearing the grey marle handmade harem slash trackpants for the last three days straight.  She has a good eye.  SO outfit contains: Witchery caramel knit drape cardi ($ um you know I cant even remember? I bought it from DFO South Wharf.  I do love the colour and the front drape looks fab worn under leather jackets when it gets really cool), worn over a Sussan tomato red viscose shell top (40 in store Sussan.  FAB colour.  Popped back into the local store at the plaza but they had finished the 50% off sale items… bummer), next comes the hardest working Levi black skinny pants (jeggings.. eeek) and then the chunky Seed femme dark tan leather cogs complete the look (the flatlays actually have my Hoss boots as the footwear component – upon dressing they felt way too casual for work so I switched them up – just in case you sharp eyes noticed).  I then added an Aztec print scarf also from Seed Femme, and wore my Husk draped leather jacket over the top. BANG.  Matching in perfectly with the colour palette of the new season autumn product that is hitting the shops as we speak.  I even want maroon jeans.  I havent worn maroon since 1994 - I think I had some amazing maroon ribbed legging that I wore with an oversized jumper, tucked into scrunch socks with hiking boots.  Come to thinkof it - I could totally get away with that now.....

So there we have it my dears.  It has been a long three days.. but I am better than ever.  Daily updates are back on the menu, and please please please email me with any fab shopping purchases or amazing finds of your own… I would love love LOVE to hear from you! fashionfinditforyou@gmail.com – talk to me!

FFIFY xxx

OH just as an FYI to all you eBay sellers out there.. I do agree that it is a lovely idea to wrap up the garment before putting it in the post bag... BUT I would recommend NOT using paper towel.  Oh yes.


Its just plain WEIRD.

haha



4 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back. Nice work... Glad to hear you're on the mend. Keep at it, I'm sure you've got plenty more fans out there - they're just being quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kate - I have you to thank for the resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i'm with kate! we read your posts every lunch time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah YAY Swanny awesome news! I do try to have them up by lunchtime but sometimes I am a little slack.. all good :) loving the 'we' also!!

    ReplyDelete