Sunday, March 18, 2012

germ attack. pass me the hankies. STAT.

Sunday, March 18, 2012
I HAVE A COLD.

And not just a little sniffle, a little *cough cough* oh you don't sound so good; oh no; I have a full blown tap nose leaky eye head splitting full sneeze banging your head against the wall mother of all colds cold.  FAB.

So - just about the worst weekend. EVER.  I have spent the entire weekend (minus a four hour window in which I was at the WB v Geelong Cats practise match in Geelong - totally NOT my choice) parked on the couch, with a blanket, dog and never-ending cups of tea as my only friends.  This was my world today:


The bible? Check (Shop til you drop).  Three pack of hankies? Double check - the bf kindly went and grabbed the prettiest prints he could find (for male hankies.  Seems he didn't even think to look for female ones.  Oh well - the thought was there) and finally a jumbo box of Cadbury Creme eggs - just to put a smile on my face.  Check again.  Yes - that is the woollen blanket in the background that has become my entire world.  WAH.  

AND then just to top it off - I am still under my weekend shopping ban. I had given my word that no shopping was going to occur from 4pm Friday until Monday morning, and I HAD to stick with it - illness or no illness. SO there I was, sitting on the couch with ample time to peruse the net for more online shopping bargains; instead I had to contend myself to watching the fourth instalment of Bring It On (as if versions 2 and 3 were even necessary) and the American version of Celebrity Apprentice (poor Dennis Rodman).   It was pure hell.

Needless to say - I have nothing else to report.  I am going to take my hankies, tea and makeshift blanket-cocoon and hop straight back into bed. 

nighty night.


FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment