Tuesday, March 6, 2012

shopping more downs than ups.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Things have been a little quiet in the purchasing front of late.  Yes – there has been the odd quick buy here and there but nothing to shout home about.  Sad really – but with everything online shopping has its ups and downs; at present I am stuck in a down but ITS ALL OKAY as I am not losing hope; I am certain an up will soon follow.  I did have a delivery yesterday (yipeee), so there was a bright point of the day.  It was the ‘prob shouldn’t have bought it but did so better make the most of it otherwise it will end up being a waste of money or ill just have to resell it’ Winter Kate Iris vest in poppy. Here:



Turns out its actually quite lovely –  gorgeous colour and fab flowing front and will look super aweosme worn under a draped blazer as a bright pop of colour.  Interest factor has increased.

I also nabbed these babies the other day – Bettina Liano Hi Ace jeans in lust.  Have been spotting brown jeans (how kaak does that sound?) out and about lately (not literally – I mean in mags/online.  The only ‘brown jeans’ I come across here at the local plaza are ones definitely weren’t originally brown – if you get my meaning. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww). Here they are – pleased to make your acquaintance:


So I haven’t worn Bettina Liano jeans in about six years.  I am still unsure of the sizing; I do remember the sizing being super small so I went up and up - hopefully they will fit.  If not, back to eBayland they go.  Circle of life people, circle of life.

Today’s outfit is full of chain store charm.  I would like to give thanks to the Sussan group – for without their on trend yet affordable attire this outfit would never have been possible.  Here:




Okay – so today includes a Witchery black draped blazer ($65 in store Witchery DFO.  Very similar to the Zimmermann ‘Conversation’ draped blazer from around the same era – perfect for adding a bit of corporate chic to an otherwise not so corporate outfit. Smart business casual? OH yes), worn over a Sussan tomato orange oversized draped pocket tee ($25 in store on sale Sussan.  Part of my ‘Sussan sale mega buy’ from the previous week – LOVE the colour and shape and fabric and yes.  It’s a goodie).  This is then worn over the tan and ink striped pencil skirt ($80 in store Sussan.  Perfect autumn tones and flattering shape/style; looks equally great with a top tucked in or worn loose) and then finished off with the hardest working Seed Femme black leather ankle boots going round.  I really like mixing ankle boots with pencil skirts; the mixture of secretary meets rock chick is all in good fun. I also added in a skinny tan belt to add in some much needed shape to the top – turns out an oversized drape tee with an oversized drape jacket leads to and oversized shapeless outfit.  Cinch it in with a skinny belt and viola.  We have shape.
 
AND – found this:

Look familiar?  Looks like little of Sussan gathered inspiration from fashion powerhouse Marc Jacobs… looks VERY similar to my $80 version. I like it even more now.
 
FFIFY xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you post your outfit pictures! :) Great job!
    and I love the winter kate top! :)

    Kim
    accidental encounters

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Kim :) I also love the top.. going to try to include it in an outfit very soon.. just need to get around to actually IRONING it! stay tuned xx

    ReplyDelete