Wednesday, March 14, 2012

bootcamp blues and latest shoe buys. I LOVE SHOES.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012
I AM DYING.  No joke.  I cannot move.  Getting up is painful, walking is a nightmare and bending down to retrieve a stray pen – forget it.  Bootcamp was held yesterday due to the public holiday, and was full to the brim of circuit training; squats, planks, lunges, push ups – you name it, this body did it.  And then – backed it up again this morning in our usual Wednesday session.  Trainer kindly thought ‘OH maybe you are all still sore from yesterday – so how about we do some running instead?’ YAY.  Yes please – just what I dream of at 6am every morning.  So the entire hour was chock-a-block full of sprints, laps, shuttle runs and then OH how about a few more sprints.  All finished off with three minute planking and ab work sessions.  At one point – I actually thought my legs were going to give way.  HELL.

So today’s outfit needed to be as simply and unrestrictive and as fuss free as possible.  Flats were a must –  all I can manage is a slow-footed shuffle that looks rather like I am in dire need of the bathroom.  Here:




So today’s outfit includes a Country Road leopard print silk shift dress ($45 eBay)  Could be new to the blog?   Has been lurking in the dreaded ironing pile for some time now; last night I motivated myself to tackle the ever-growing pile of crinkled clothes - as Ihad a lightbulb moment where I realised this is where most of my prized possessions have ended up.  My wardrobe room has literally expanded to twice its size after a 1.5 hour ironing marathon.  Fab.  Teamed this 60’s inspired dress with Witchery tan/khaki/cream and metal hardware gladiator flats ($90 in store Witchery).  Love these, BUT as I have mentioned once or twice I am allergic to metal.  The top of my feet turns a strange blackey/green colour where the metal touches it, which needs to be scrubbed off with almost disinfectant grade cleaning products.  This lovely phenomenon also occurs when such metal comes into contact with my neck, ears, fingers – anywhere it touches my skin turns the same very disturbing shade that looks something like a bruise crossed with gangrene.  Charming.  It is not painful however so I do continue to wear most things despite this hideous yet purely cosmetic result.  I love these shoes.

AND THEN – look what arrived in the post today:


My $1.67 Ebay vintage clogs.  I am more amazed then when I snapped them up - they are a super fab style and in great condition, and fit p e r f e c t l y.  How could you get a better buy?  And all hand delivered to my desk - I dont even need to move.  Which is good - as right now I am not capable of going anywhere.


OH AND for those of you with a super keen memory - you may remember in my previous post how I was talked out of a number of items by my darling 'meaning well'  sister, on my latest trip north.  WELL turns out karma is alive and well - as just yesterday I came across the exact pair of Gorman 'She'll be Apples' latte coloured wooden heeled clogs on eBay - for less than half the price of the in-store pair.  Here:


Honestly findettes, why would you pay $169 on sale when you can nab these gorgeous babies for only $85.  New.  My faith in the wonder that is eBay is once again restored (not that it was really wavering in the first place).  There is no better shopping mecca on the face of the EARTH.


Ebay + I = together forever.  TRUE LOVE.


FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment