Tuesday, February 28, 2012

post bootcamp blues and todays outfit post haste

Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Today – I couldn’t get out of bed.  Literally.  Alarm went off at the usual 6:30 am; a couple of snoozes later I attempted to swing my legs out of the bed and froze.  I couldn’t move.  Felt like I was going to break in half; abs, shoulders and arms were screaming WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? STAY IN BED AT ONCE. Oh dear.  It seems my body is allergic to bootcamp; it has had a terrible reaction.  Funny, as it is no stranger to exercise (I usually do 2-3 spin classes a week plus body combat, yoga and the weekly run around the lake) – but this was like nothing I have experienced before.  O U C H.
45 minutes later I managed to hobble my way down to the bathroom after having leaped out of bed when realising  that today was also a hair washing day.  Help – I am going to be late.  Three outfit changes later (guess who hadn’t planned ahead the night before?) I was actually really late.  And most of my wardrobe was sprawled across the floorboards in the bedroom, wardrobe room and spare room.  I couldn’t find the pants I just HAD to wear – so now most of my cupboard has also been thrown in a frustrated pile in the middle of the floor.  Of which I am sure my dog has made a makeshift bed on.  He does that.  No time for breakfast; so not only am I super late but also starving.  Good morning world.
 
Welcome to my life.  Fab.
   
So today’s outfit is not amazing.  Nor are the pics which you can clearly see.  Here:



Apart from the terrible images, today's outfit is not altogether as crap as I initially thought.  LOVE this Zara kimono ($50 eBay).  This is it's first public outing, and I  am loving its boxy-goodness shape and the neutral colouring is OH so versatile; I am predicting this to be a WARDROBE WINNER.  She is worn over a Manning Cartell cotton/silk blend ruffle tunic in cream ($79 eBay. LOVE.  Perfect for layering; gorgeous 'tails' detail on the back).  Worn over the trusty Levi wet look skinny pants ($100 in store Myer - these go with absolutely everything.  Current obsession = skinny leather pants.  Reality purchase = these babies), and then finished off with Country Road colour block espadrille wedges - with that amazing coral colour adding a much needed POP to the outfit.

Done.  Appreciation for today's outfit has increased to I LIKE IT.


FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment