Thursday, February 2, 2012

a few slices short of a loaf...

Thursday, February 2, 2012
Although I am physically working, banging away on the keyboard and looking overjoyed at the invoices I am currently processing; secretly I am thinking about clothes. About recent purchases, things I want to buy, what to wear tomorrow, where can I go to wear that outfit, do I need new ankle boots.. the list goes on. At the gym, driving the car, eating lunch... basically any time my mind is operating there is some random clothes-related thought fluttering on through.

These are a few of the extremely interesting thoughts that have dominated my head this morning:

‘Is there a way I can raise $480 pounds to buy this AHmazing Alice by Temperley tan leather jacket I have been watching on eBay for some time? Usually I can sell one of my other leather items (I have quite a penchant for leather attire – at one point I was the proud owner of nine leather jackets, one leather top, two leather skirts and a pair of Claude Maus leather pants).  Hmm – leather stock levels in my wardrobe room are currently looking quite low. Perhaps I could part with the aforementioned leather pants...’

‘I really really really and really want those Black Orchid bellbottoms as seen on Zoe Saldana in my ‘find it for me’ post yesterday.  I have been outfit building in my head – and once this happens they become a must–have item in my wardrobe – how did I ever live without these jeans before? They will go with everything and next weekend is BF’s birthday and we are having a picnic in the park... could there be a more perfect outfit for said picnic. No. Now to find a credit card someone will happily let me use..... wonder what mum's up to???’

‘Can I really work those Karen Walker navy silk wide legs pants I bought into my wardrobe? Trying them on last night (BF was away at a Soundgarden concert,  so I got to do the one thing I LOVE to do when home alone – try on clothes. I know they are only clothes that I already own – but there is nothing better than mixing and matching and creating new outfits.  Wardrobe room and I were best friends – oh what a night) I just can’t shake the fact that with the elasticised wait and tie that they just look like pajama pants. Really expensive ones mind you – but pajama pants nonetheless. Hmmm – eBay could be calling these beauties back...’

‘This would then give me enough money to buy that limonata  Zimmermann blazer I have had my eye on.  Drapey silk and in a pop colour – what more could you want from a blazer? Yes – this is also a must have. Quick before someone else snaps it up.  But then – this blazer would probably look hot teamed with said Karen Walker silk pants... OH this is a dilemma. Whatever shall I do??’

On that note – blog post over.  MUST BUY SAID BLAZER ASAP. Look:
Buy it now $100 – new without tags. SNAP.

Back soon!

FFIFY xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment