Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Its not me its you... is it over?

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So I have some terrible news. Something very upsetting, horrible, awful has happened; and I am not sure how I can go on. I can hardly bear to write the words it’s simply too distressing.  Okay, I’ll do it. Here it is:

Only one of the eight wonderful items I had listed sold. Just one. Which therefore means:

EBay hates me.

There. I have said it; and it looks even worse written there in bold just staring at me.  I don’t know what has happened.. but it seems our ten year love affair is over. Finished. Kaput. No more.  EBay has changed, and I don’t know how we are going to get past this. Or is it me? I think not – the items I had up for sale were fabulous amazing items that anyone would have loved to be the proud new owner of... I just don’t understand.  I followed all the rules, did amazing detailed descriptions, had fabulous personal and campaign images... they were all good.  But not good enough it seems. Occasionally I would stumble across my own listings in a search and glance admiringly at said item until I remembered it was mine.  What went wrong? Do I need therapy? Am I out of touch? Is this the end for me?

What am I going to do? And, more importantly - how am I going to make paypal money?

On a more positive note – I am positively glowing about todays outfit.  What do you think?

I am LOVING this burst of colour - and although there is beige involved.. it is showing its true versatility and looking amazing teamed next to the red.  Outfit includes bright red Zara blazer ($120 in store Zara – bought on my first ever trip to the fashion mecca - $600 and three hours later I was hooked), with one of the new nude Cue shirts ($45 in store Cue DFO – so turns out the one I bought off eBay is actually the same as the sample I bought from the DFO – except one has a pocket on the front. Oh well – both are fab!), over J Brand taupe skinny jeans ($10 eBay – yes that is not a typo – a whopping tenner.  LOVE J Brand jeans – they fit amazingly and are so comfortable. Never through I could do light jeans but I think with a longer top it actually works – especially if you pair with similar toned colours.  Against black – BAH horrible. Oh and usually jeans are a big no-no for work – but today is a Melbourne Office day, and plus they aren’t blue denim so all good. Jeans = blue; coloured options are a-okay in my books) and then finished off with my new fave colour block hessian Country Road wedges that arrived yesterday – how fab is the coral contrast on the back? These babies will be making a number of appearances over the coming weeks you can bet your bottom dollar.  So this outfit has me feeling bright and happy and on top of the world... and then I remember the eBay disaster and come crashing down again. WAH.

Are my purchasing days over? Will I make it through alive?

FFIFY xxx L

No comments:

Post a Comment