Tuesday, February 7, 2012

quick buy - Sass and Bide jeans

Tuesday, February 7, 2012
So I just couldn't pass these babies up - Sass and Bide 'lovestate revolution' super crop skinny jeans. Yes,  I have purchased orange jeans.  A lovely burnt orange colour mind you (not that I have ever burnt an orange myself or actually even seen one with my own eyes but how is it that we all know the exact colour I am referring to?), which is a fabulously fresh take on neutral bottoms.   Yes - I do think they are completely unpractical, as no, I cannot wear them to work.  Boo.  This only leaves weekends for wearability; which only equates to a measly 104 days of the year.  BUT on the flip side that does reveal 104 potential opportunities in which to wear said jeans . SNAP. This is them:

Now I saw them ending for $55... and I hesitated.  Uncertainty took over - and I missed the boat. They ended - no bids.  The next day, whilst checking through my Sass Bide saved search (hot tip - don't put the *and* in as some people put & and + and these items are missed in your search. Putting 'Sass Bide'  ensures you capture all items) there they were again. Relisted. Buy it now - $45. Bang.

Snapped them up quicker than I could say 'Whatever would I wear them with?'. Then thought - damn,  whatever will I wear them with?  Some quick recon work on polyvore (http://www.polyvore.com - best site EVER for tracking down just about any clothing item you can think of; the true FBI of clothing investigations) revealed the following 'polyvore sets' which featured the jeans in question:


So there is my question answered.  Burnt orange jeans are perfect teaming with punchy bright cobalts and hot pink; or pair back with crisp white and jewelled turquoise tones (and is that my RING?); and *surprise surprise* burnt orange even works amazingly layered up with all shades of neutral (ahhhhh beige -you are my sunshine).  All these items are already available (to one extent or another) in the wardrobe room.  Fab.

Cant WAIT for these babies to arrive so I can outfit build.   Oh MR POSTMAN......

FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment