Monday, February 20, 2012

you gotta fight, for your right, to increase your savings.

Monday, February 20, 2012
I think I am still reeling from the money intake of yesterday.  All of a sudden, those $650 Isabel Marant leopard print booties I have been lusting after on ebay seem oh so reasonably priced; and I am pondering just how easy it would be to click that little ‘buy it now’ button.  Oh no.  Don’t do it.  Step away from the listing.   I have the wad of cash sitting here next to me in the MJ; it is telepathically whispering ‘spend me. You know you want to. That dress/skirt/pair of acne leather pants can be all yours’.  What chance do I have?  NO.  Staying strong.  This money’s sole purpose in life is to inject some much needed cheer into my savings account.  Yes, sadly these funds are going straight into my overused and much depleted ‘savings’ (and I use that term loosely – ‘spare/backup money to buy things when my other bank account is empty’ would be a more realistic description of said funds).   As disappointing as this is (what a WASTE),  increasing the balance of my ‘savings’ account does have a few benefits.  Namely, making me feel like a money-managing adult, as well as keeping the bf off my back in regards to future purchase activities for quite some time.  Fab.

But never fear fashion findettes – guess who sold quite a bit of excess stock that was a little too good for market day on eBay which ended last night? That is correct – moi.  So, savings filled? Check.  Paypal looking good? Check again.  Bang.  So all in all – feeling quite cashed up.  What a way to start the week.

So, next course of business is todays outfit.  Today uses a combination of weekend Mill Market finds, plus a first time outing for a little silk number which is oh so fab.  Today’s outfit is as follows:




Notice anything different  about the above?? I admit it – I have cheated on Instagram with a new photo-editing app called Be Funky FX.  Terrible name – but has tons of fun and never before seen (by me) effects that I just had to test out.  What do you think? The ‘scratched’ out picture effect is called Grunge 2.  I like it.

Today’s outfit feels really feminine and quite ‘prissy’ (for want of a better word – ladylike?).  The gorgeous dusty pink silk blouse complete with shell button detail is from Hoss ($25 – eBay – this was a total bargain.  First time out of the room and loving it), which I have tucked into the Sportsgirl paisley printed midi skirt from Saturdays’ vintage fun find spectacular ($28 -  Mill Markets.  A girl at my previous place of employment had this baby, and wore it teamed back with crisp white tees and clog sandals.  LOVE – such a fab find).  Finished off with Seed Femme neutral ankle boots which add a touch of ‘Little house on the prairie’ to the whole ensemble.   

Overall – feeling good.  All ready to tackle the working week.

Talk soon lovelies xx

FFIFY xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment