Tuesday, February 7, 2012

its an african love child

Tuesday, February 7, 2012
So must be feeling like a wildcat today - or if the feeling is not there I am certainly looking the part.  Today is National Dress Like A Sumatran Tiger To Work day; or at least that is what I'm telling everyone who questions my get up.  Its an inaugural memorial holiday created primarily to excuse the fact that I got dressed in the dark this morning.  In the 5:30am pre-dawn glow, a leopard print blazer teamed with a bronze shirt worked quite well together; but unfortunately the stark light of day tells a totally different story.  Instead of 'edgy corporate with a racy twist' (look sought), I feel 'safari hunter cross Gold Coast cougar' is more the vibe I am giving out.  Great.  See for yourself:
SEE even in the pics above it actually looks like it works quite well.  If I stay lurking in corners  and shrouded by shade (perhaps 'crouching tiger hidden dragon' is more apt) I should be able to pull this off.  Today's outfit includes: Sass and Bide leopard print silk blazer ($70 eBay - I do LOVE this jacket; it really is best worked with denim.  If you are one of the lucky few who can wear denim as part of your work ensemble - cherish this blessing), worn over Witchery bronze linen sleeveless shirt ($25 eBay - still not sure these colours work in real life - but for the purpoise of this blog the tones look lovely in the featuired image so all good I guess), with SKIRT ATTACK CHALLENGE #2  for this week - Witchery black knit ponti tube skirt ($20 Camberwell market - very comfortable and quite slimming; top marks so far), finished off with Tony Bianco cutout tan wedges ($45 eBay - colour matches exactly with the shirt.  Who doesnt love a matchy-matchy??).

So there you have it, in all its African Wildcat glory.  At least if I am confronted by a predator in the urban jungle (today is a Melbourne day) I will be able to fight back.  And snarl.

FFIFY xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment