Friday, February 10, 2012

'the brady bunch' Arnsdorf version

Friday, February 10, 2012
'here's a story
of a silk Arnsdorf blazer
who was harbouring two lovely shoulder pads
they made the jacket bulky
and un-lovely
and no one wanted it'

'til the one day when this jacket met FFIFY
and they knew that it was much more than a hunch
that this jacket - would easily be so lovely
if you just removed the shoulder pads'

'the shoulder pads
the shoulder pads
thats the way FFIFY removed the shoulder pads'

Just like the Brady Bunch – Arnsdorf blazer and I are now firm friends.  I received him in the mail two days ago – and was super excited.  Raced home straight into the wardrobe room for a quick hour long try on session – and OH. UH. What is that? Shoulder pads?? Having what my little sis and I call ‘trunk bodies’ (aka straight up and down with no curves or bumps to speak of – and not in a good way.  JLo/KK are like a million years away) – padded shoulders enhance my already boxy body type in such a lovely way – not. Damn – I was really looking forward to outfitting this bad boy.

No problem – ill remove them!  Settled down last night to do some quick and painfree cosmetic surgery on my darling blazer – armed with a quick unpick, almost blunt needle and light blue thread (okay so it doesn’t match BUT it was the closest I had in my ‘sewing kit’ plus its inside the should seam so will not be visible to the naked eye so NER).  Here is the jacket mid-procedure:


MOVING ON to today’s outfit.  LOVING the pastel tones…. It is reminding me of those sugar-coated almonds that people give as gifts that I don’t think you can actually eat.  Just googled them – called ‘Almond Dragees’.  Turns out you can eat them.   Sounds appetising.

So, as mentioned up above but definitely worth repeating, I LOVE this outfit.  I do feel though it is one that looks better physically on the body rather than on the floor (as the jacket is looking boxy and I don’t think my instagram-tastic images are truly showcasing the wonderful blend of pastel tones…. Plus I added the CR colourblock wedges and rolled the blazer sleeves (due to the fact I spilt my coffee on one sleeve and couldn’t remove it even with the help of the dishcloth and hand dryer) which all added so much extra value to the outfit which is just not represented above).  OUTFIT is compiled of: Arnsdorf light grey silk double breasted blazer ($45 eBay – bargain.  Even better sans shoulder pads – has a much nicer drape and flow on my ‘trunk’ body), over a beige sleeveless Sportsgirl shirt ($10 eBay – yes it does appear that I wear one of these shirts a day – but they are OH SO versatile how could I not??), over the Metalicus Aztec print tube skirt (present from Mother – GOD I love this skirt.  Having recently spied Rebecca Judd in the dress version – I now love it even more.  Ill find a pic) finished off with Seed Femme neutral ankle boots (which I have then swapped to the CR colourblock espadrilles – adds a POP from behind with the watermelon heel).
Happy Friday.  THANK GOD.  Felt coldy this morning – hope this is something that disappears before the hens tomorrow and BF birthday Sunday!
FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment