Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy valentines day and heavy metals

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Okay so Ill get it out of the way first.  Happy Valentines day to all you loved up bargainistas out there. And then Happy Worst Day of the Year Day day for all the single ladies - as guaranteed there is not another day of the year where you are more likely to think about the fact that you are bf-less; or, even better, have it pointed out to you by just about everyone you know. Fab.

I surprised bf this morning with a pretty red card and a tub of Malteasers in his lunchbox; all ready for him to uncover excitedly at work.  Instead of a reaction along the lines of *gleefully overjoyed* at my amazingly romantic offering, I was faced with more of a response that can only be described as woeful dismay. Which was then followed by a 'Does this mean I have to get you something?'.  Oh.  Great.  WELL not with that attitude.

Moving on - today is a Melbourne Day.  Which means that yes I did get dressed in the dark this morning; but I did have a clear image in mind of what I was going for.  Nabbing the latest bible (aka - shop til you drop) yesterday - I stumbled across an amazing pic of the super chic Charlotte Gainsbourg in this metallic shirt and nude skirt combo.  Love.  As, luckily for me, a MOUNTAIN of parcels arrived in the post yesterday:


First thought 'OOOHHHH'.  Second thought 'How am I ever going to sneak these in the house? (Answer: divvied it up through the lunch bag/laptop case/MJ - genius.  Then wait til bf is in the shower - and I quickly transfer all new items into the wardrobe room - where they now become 'that thing I've had for ages' and not 'that amazing skirt I bought on eBay last week'); and then third thought 'I hope the metallic CR shirt is inside??'.  Answer - OH yes.  SO here is the outfit and the inspiration - all combined in another one of my high quality 'microsoft paint' collages which I am sure you all love:
Okay so I know that my skirt is a long flowing maxi which couldn't be more different to her fitted pencil variety, but its the look and feel I am aiming for.  I love the metallic shininess of the shirt pared down with the neutral tones of the skirt - feels really luxurious and very Olivia Palermo (uh bonus). So today's outfit features a silver shiny Country Road shirt that arrived in the post yesterday ($25 Ebay - total bargain.  Fits amazingly and will also look fab teamed with black. Winner); worn over a Sportsgirl nude maxi skirt ($60 eBay - this baby sold out in stores before I could nab it... searched eBay high and low before I found it. LOVE the colour - perfect.); then worn back with my CR neutral wrap wedges ($45 eBay - neutral tones again blend in beautifully with outfit in question). Don't forget silver Tiffany necklace tops off the look.  LOVE.

Have I mentioned I LOVE this outfit? Feeling chic - perfect way to start a tuesday.

FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment