Wednesday, February 8, 2012

day three of skirt attack and sneaky pre-dinner purchase

Wednesday, February 8, 2012
So I found day three of the skirt attack challenge easier than the second; despite the unforgiving outfit selection circumstances.  As yesterday was a Melbourne day, that equalled a delightful five thirty am start.  After work I met up with a girlfriend for a lovely dinner (Ladro  in Greville St – just divine). We parted ways just before nine.. and I began the 1.5hr long trek home (which actually went quite quickly thanks to the Love God – I sang the entire way home).  Arrived home at ten thirty pm and fell into bed.

Awoke late this morning, with a to-be-expected sore throat from previous night’s vocal strains, and no pre-prepared outfit.  Crap.  Almost resorted to selecting a non-skirt option and thus eliminating myself from the skirt attack challenge; but thought NO – you can do this.  So here it is – day three:


So I had thought this skirt would be a tougher match… but the fail-safe white linen shirt goes with everything.  Tied in the neutral boots with a equally neutral beige seamless underneath (slightly visible out the top of the shirt – I do love a matchy matchy don’t forget).  So this consists of Witchery viscose citrus and taupe tube skirt ($20 camberwell market), with Country Road linen blend off white tab sleeve boyfriend shirt ($25 eBay – pro: so versatile and goes with just about anything – con: CRINKLES so easily!!!! I spend half my time in the loos ‘straightening’ it under the hand dryer. Hot tip – hand dryers are perfect mobile steamers) thrown over the top. Under this is Seed Femme beige seamfree tank ($15 in store staff discount Seed Femme - I have these in just about every colour imaginable. An absolute necessity preserving decency under sheer tops in a smart business casual office environment); and then I have added Seed Femme neutral leather ankle boots ($90 in store staff discount Seed Femme – I love these boots).  Today is ‘chain store chic’ day.

OH so whilst waiting last night for gf to arrive at dinner (she wasn’t late – I was ridiculously early. Try 1.5 hours. A very annoying habit I just can’t seem to shake.. except perhaps when it comes to getting to work on time it would appear.  Then I seem to have all the time in the world) I snapped up this little beauty from Richard Nicoll.  I had been watching it for a while – it was buy it now $75; which, for a stunning silk dress only worn once that retailed for over $599, was a fab find.  But again – hesitation crept in (what is WRONG with me lately) and I let it end – no bids.  And then whilst standing kerbside and perusing my saved searches – there it was. Relisted – and at the special reduced price of $50. BUY IT NOW.  So I did.  Check it:


Richard Nicoll silk Stella dress.  Left image is the listing pic; right image is a pic I found on the net whilst determinging whether or not to purchase the dress.  Not flattering at all teamed with black – I would much rather those tan Chloe heels (size 40, eBay – starting bid $650 here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chloe-Platform-Shoes-NEW-SEASON-Size-40-/250987435051?pt=AU_Women_Shoes&hash=item3a7004542b. I WANT them.  Anyone got a spare $650??) and then cinch it in at the waist with a matchy match skinny tan belt.  H O T.

What will arrive in the mail today?? Ill keep you posted.
FFIFY xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment