Monday, February 27, 2012

time to get tanking and todays outfit.

Monday, February 27, 2012
Today I  decided I needed more tops.  Not silk camis, not sleeveless shirts, not patterned kimono blouses or oversized tunics; just plain, simple everyday fitted tops.  Tanks to be precise.  My sister finds it  amazing that I don't have one single plain tee or tank in my wardrobe that hasn't turned into sleep or gymwear.  I just don't DO tops.   SO dull.   I much prefer the silk version; even with the added hassle of forever ironing/dry cleaning said item.  But - the times they are a changin; as last night I bought this:




This is a Winter Kate Iris vest in Poppy.  Why did I buy it? Not sure really.  The colour is fab and looks amazing on Nicole - but since I wont be wearing it sans top as above; whatever am I going to wear it with??

And then it hit me - TANKS!  This beauty will look AHmazing teamed over a plain white tank and denim cutoffs (I am fairly certain I have seen an image of Miss Richie in that EXACT outfit); or teamed over a contrasting pop colour tank and skinnies. Fabulous.  next mission - sourcing an amazing tank retailer.  Specifications: fab quality, wide range of colours, NOT seamfree (they go super bally and ride up - uh OH) just an all round fab basic that I can team with everything.  Hmmmmm.

Today's outfit.  BANG:





I am fairly certain we have viewed today's outfit once before.  This is the first time in my blogging history (all two entire months of it) that I have recycled a previous outfit.  Not too bad - I was subconsciously trying to be as varied as possible (how many skirt and shirt combos can one create?), but having attended bootcamp at six am this morning (beep tests are a great way to ring in a Monday morning) I was losing motivation fast.

SO today includes a Witchery mustard draped oversized shirt ($35 in store Witchery.  Do love the drape of this shirt, and the colour works surprisingly well against my skin. Fab), worn over the old faithful navy and white striped Sportsgirl skirt ($79 in store Sportsgirl - wardrobe winner).  Finished off with one of the $1 skinny vintage belts nabbed from the Camby market and then my Husk caramel suede ankle boots.  I think these babies are new to the viewing public - this is their first wear for 2012.  Love these boots - but despite their $440 price tag (and NO I didn't pay this.. try $110 eBay. Snap) they are not particularly top quality.  Something in the under sole has broken and they make a very pleasant squeaking sound whilst walking.  Which I had forgotten about until getting to work this morning.  Damn.

Tank time.  Feel free to let me know ANY suggestions... take pity on a total tank newbie.

FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment