Friday, February 3, 2012

did I really do this? oh yes.

Friday, February 3, 2012
So all this talk about magazines lured me over to the local plaza’s Newspower on my lunchbreak.  Perusing the shelves – turns out I already indulged in my faves this month.  Hmmm.  My options were then limited to three categories: 1. Glossy, lustful and filled with amazing pieces (that are totally out of my price range) fashion magazines (aka Vogue and Harpers); 2. Fitness and health magazines (random much – but perfect for getting through one of those days when you have consumed your bodyweight in an office birthday cake – aka Women’s Health and Wellbeing); and 3. Trashy weeklies (you know the ones – who isn’t partial to these gossip mongers?). Yes -  I know there is many other mags out there but really, the likes of Cosmo, Cleo and even Russh just don’t cut my mustard. Decisions, decisions…. 

I ended up with Harpers Bazaar. Why? Is the question I am now asking myself whilst casually flicking through the pages whilst eating my rice and tuna salad in the lunchroom.  I’d like to think it was because I genuinely enjoying being tantalised by the latest from Bally, Chloe and Marc Jacobs (and that I could even remotely attempt to afford such items); or even that the multi coloured pastel ‘Harpers’ headline caught my eye – but no.  Really - it was all for looks.  For image.   I bought it to walk around with – so people could see it tucked casually under my arm like the latest from Prada.  So I could flick oh so casually through the pages, exclaiming loudly at the latest Phillip Lim collection like I so know what I'm talking about.

Honestly – I wanted OK. Or even Grazia.  The latter was sold out (there are lots of fashionable people buying magazines in this news agency you know – or perhaps in reality they don’t even stock it); and then the OK came attached to Cosmo for the bargain price of $9.95 – no thank you. I’d rather buy Dolly. I would have bought NW but there was a Kardashian on the cover and I refuse to support anything that supports them (another issue, another time).  So instead I went with something that I probably won’t even finishing reading – but looks really pretty sitting on my desk. The pastels match in perfectly with my Kikki K stationery collection:

 

$8.50 well spent. Uh – I think not.
 
FFIFY xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment