Tuesday, February 14, 2012

find it for me - wedding inspiration

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Ahhhhhh weddings.  Lace, tulle, ribbons, bouquets - are there any words more swoon-inducing? Not being married or even remotely close to being engaged myself *hint hint bf - it is valentines day don't forget* - I am resigned to living out my white wedding fantasies through those lucky gals whose vows are imminent.  I have been asked to complete two AHmazing wedding fashion finds... fabulously chic and modern.  No organza or meringues in sight - think tea length frocks, lace boleros and 1920's art deco glamour. LOVE.

The initial fashion find involved locating a similar dress to Victoria Beckham's bell sleeved tulip dress. I couldn't find the exact dress (it was sold exclusively on Net-a-Porter who had conveniently sold out - though eBay knock-offs were definitely available if that floats your boat)... sneak peek at the product package below:



So that was find number one.  Modern and fresh with a definite vintage feel - absolutely gorgeous. Jealous much? Me?

Fashion find number two was this time inspired by a bridal outfit so chic I almost fell off my chair.  Using the stunning vintage inspired tea length dress as featured above - my fashion findette had stumbled across that amazing image of a bride to be in said dress style, but had a 'words cannot describe how amazing it is' bolero over the top. Just d i v i n e.  I was in love. AND - here is the best part - said bolero (from defunct bridal couturiers Priscillas of Boston) was available for sale on eBay.  The Real Thing. Totes ridic is really (and probably unfortunately for all the peeps over the age of 25) the only way to describe this.  Snap.




I told you it was simply gorgeous.  I can totally read your mind.

One day this will be me. ONE DAY (yelling directed at bf).

FFIFY xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment