Monday, February 13, 2012

b b b busy berocca weekend and todays outfit

Monday, February 13, 2012
So what a weekend.  Seriously – need a weekend to get over my weekend (but instead I get stuck week a weekful of work. WAH). Here are the weekends activities (in order of occurance):
Post work Friday:
Dinner and drinks with BF – his final day at one job so we were semi-celebrating. Indulged in a parma (naughty!) and two whole LLB (uh I don’t drink.  Therefore ‘Friday night drinks’ doesn’t have the same sort of magic for me needless to say!).  Worked on an overdue fashion find until the wee hours of the morn  (my fault miss, so sorry xx)
Weekend day 1: Saturday
6:30 am start – had to be at the Whitten Oval by 9am for an inter-club Western Bulldogs football match.  WHAT fun. PLUS – it was raining.
Next was Yum Cha in the city – overindulged in dumplings and sticky rice (so bad, yet so good)
Followed by suit shopping for BF for upcoming wedding (GOD boys are the worst shoppers ‘I cant be bothered trying that’ ‘Its too small/big/poky/sits weird/funny colour/I am not gay/insert basically any term you can think of here’ ‘Why do I need to wear a suit’ until he finally grabs something semi decent without trying, pays and rushes out of the store. Boys).
Then was the hens; barefoot bowls, jugs and platters in the arvo; followed my dinner, more drinks and dancing in the pm.  Fab night!  In regards to the outfit for said hens; alas there was NO LEATHER DRESS. Turns out the gorgeous little Seed Femme tan number I picked up at the market last week in the find of the century is actually a tad TOO BIG. SOOOO depressing and by the time I realised (late Friday night whilst packing bag for next day’s Melbourne jaunt) it was too late to get it altered in time (unfortunately there are no 24 hour leather dress alterations places in Ballarat. Damn).  So instead of the leather – I rocked a Winter Kate leaf print kimono maxi dress instead (could it have been any more different?!), which I have only worn once before.  Teamed it with my J.Crew turquoise statement necklace for a bit of POP, added in the market find turquoise ring for a bit of matchy match, then finished it off with woven tan CR heels and a vintage distressed leather Witchery clutch. BANG.  Totally not a leather dress – but I felt totally good in it. Check me out:


Weekend day 2: Sunday
BF’s BIRTHDAY!
Breakfast down Chapel, followed by MORE suit shopping (this time it was a shirt.  Finally found one in Calibre for more than he wanted to spend so was at first hesitant but the cut was perfect on him and he knew he looked good so it was a purchase in the end.  Luckily I was a sales assistant in a past life – needed rustle up the charm to get it across the line and get us out of the shops for good.  Out of those sort of shops (ie boys shops where there is nothing remotely of interest to me) and into another sort of shop – ie Topshop.  The best sort of shop.
Next was lunch in Williamstown with his family and the dogs.  Dog presence meant we needed an outside table, but rain presence meant we were going to get wet.  Dogs overruled rain and we all got a little bit damp. Didn’t put a dampener on the appetite though – another massive meal ensued.
We then commenced the 1.5hr drive home and rolled out of the car and onto the couch.  Where we remained for the remainder of the evening – we were both too full to even attempt a dinner.  Went to bed watching ‘Pumping Iron’ by Arnie himself (last birthday request from the BF). I fell asleep and missed all the action. Bummer.

So needless to say I am a little tired today – but it is not reflected in today’s outfit choice!  Today we have a lovely combo of floral prints, beiges and wet-look jeans and colour pop wedges.  It is still a little cooler here *surprise surprise* so adding a pant in the mix is totally feasible. Here we are today:

So I had to take a pic of the tops hanging – in order to give you a better feel of the drape and flow.  One the floor they appeared shapeless and blah – when in reality they hang beautifully. Just wanted to clarify this before proceeding.

I don’t think I put the ‘smart business’ in my office’s dress code today – but I can certainly claim the ‘casual’ part.  Today I am wearing a Winter Kate floral print kimono jacket ($60 eBay – this was a FAB find from ebay.uk – seems like Winter Kate is not too sought after over there.. I was the only bidder!!! Gorgeous print, gorgeous fabric – everything about this baby is just fab); worn over a Manning Cartell silk/cotton blend cream ruffled tunic ($85 eBay – didn’t want to pay this much for this lovely but thems the breaks on eBay sometimes – such a fab layering piece and gotta love the neutral colour), worn over my Levi’s stretch wet-look skinny pants ($100 in store Myer – YES these are the jeggings but I am refraining from calling them that as it has such negative connotations and these babies are just wonderful!), then all tied together with the new wardrobe staple CR colourblock espardrilles ($45 eBay – true hero item).  Love how the pop of watermelon on the back on the heel ties in perfectly with the splash of watermelon in the stunning floral print – it’s the little things that count when outfitting don’t you agree?

Happy Monday!

FFIFY xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment