Wednesday, February 29, 2012

if you go down to the plaza today you are in for a big surprise!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012
UM so totally should not have headed over to the plaza today on my lunch break.  Being Wendouree Village, I am usually pretty safe when it comes to 'lunchbreak impulse purchasing' - or lack of. Although I do have a wander through Jeanswest, Cotton On, Just Jeans and a random surf shop; most of the time I am able to peruse the racks without temptation.  Not today.

Striding purposely through the plaza (slow wanderings encourages strange and somewhat distasteful conversion from some of the plaza 'regulars'. This I have discovered.  The hard way) a brightly coloured sign caught my eye, shining down at my from the window of Sussan.  UH - does that say 'Take a further 50% off sale items?' OH YES IT DOES.  Snap.

$105 later, I saunter out laden with goodies and a free catalog for further perusal. I am a bit of a sucker for Sussan - I do find there to be hidden gems instore; basically it is just a grown up version of Sportsgirl.  Sure, there are super mumsy printed tops and the ever present linen pant option - but a lot of the time they are bang on trend.  Purchases included a breton stripe tee ($20), another breton stripe but this time in a knit with a zip detail ($30), a black sleeveless shirt ($25 - now I have already tried this shirt on when it first went on sale.  I didn't like it.  Now that it is half price - I like it a whole lot better. Do I need help?) and then a tomato red silk tee with a cute pocket detail ($30).  See?




Ahhhh.  Nothing like a retail therapy to clear the mind - and the wallet.  Love it.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's outfit - I am predicting a breton and red parisian extravaganza.

FFIFY xxxx

Oh and that is a photo of inside my shopping bag - just in case you were wondering.  My photo skills are on the improve. I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment