Wednesday, February 29, 2012

got any blacker? and BRRR. Its cold in here.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012
So for the last few weeks (whilst suffering through yet another 30 degree night) I have been wishing for winter to arrive.  I have been complaining quite loudly to anyone that will listen that I am over the heat and sun-appropriate outfits; I am feeling the urge for ankle boots, layering, skinnies and blazers.  The bf has been telling me I am ridiculous; ‘have you forgotten the full force Ballarat winter – of minus 3 mornings, frozen windscreen, misty rain that might as well be snow whilst attempting to walk the dog, or even actual snow?’.  UH – perhaps I had.  This morning was another pleasant 5:30am start (hello bootcamp); and it was freezing.  Okay – so I may be exaggerating slightly (12 degrees is not freezing point) but still.  I certainly was a shock to the system.  Headed off to bootcamp layered up with a singlet, long sleeve hoodie and a down feather puffer vest (YES.  I do own one of these.  Try living in the coldest place in Victoria and NOT having one.  Its okay – you can laugh if you want to.  I would).  Brrrrr.  At least my layering wish has come true.

So todays outfit is built for warmth.  After rolling around on a wet, cold and sand covered hockey field for the last hour (have I mentioned how much I LOVE bootcamp), I was feeling the chill.  Today I have incorporated a blazer, skinnies and sandals (no ankle boots – my one concession to the fact it is going to be a mild and sunny 20 degree day).  Check me out:




Today’s outfit is: black boyfriend style grosgrain Blazer from Sussan ($55 in store on sale Sussan.  Yes – ill repeat, Sussan.  I have said it before – if you look closely enough you can definitely nab some absolute gems; and usually they are on sale in the smaller sizes as well. SNAP) , worn over a caramel linen sleeveless shirt from Witchery ($25 eBay.  FAB colour which looks amazing against black (black and tan is one of my failsafe outfit combos)); worn over the hardest working Levi jeggings in history ($100 in store Myer.  Yes I used the word jegging.  And yes it is still equally awful, and in no way portrays the amazingness that are these super versatile wet look skinny pants).  Footwear today are a little pair of kitten heeled Sempre Di black and tan leather sandals.  New to the blog – these babies are OH SO comfortable yet super chic; they finish off any outfit with just a little bit of Parisian charm.
 
After looking at the above instagramtastic images – I have decided today’s outfit is VERY Olivia Palermo darling.  Oh yes, she will forever be my muse.  Monotone dark colours? Check. Skinny black leather pants? Check again (well skinny black leather jeggings if you want to get specific. Again – ewww).  Overall simple and stylish, effortless glam.  What do you think?





OH how I love her.
 
FFIFY xxxx

HAPPY LEAP YEAR DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment