Friday, February 10, 2012

Delivery ALERT

Friday, February 10, 2012
WOOOO what do we have here?? I am waiting on quite a number of packages at the minute (seems everyone is taking their sweet time with postage of late grrrr)... opening up reveals:



TA DA - J Brand Jett 941 black skinnies. Fab.



OOOHHH how exciting - and at $50 eBay - simply the bargain of the day.  These are my fourth pair of J Brand babies (not including the two pairs of Houlihans I also cherish) - and I just love their fit.  They are super skinny but super stretchy which makes them super comfortable - all three are definite pluses! And - just maybe - being black I could get away with wearing these to work.... once again denim is blue yes? For sure.

OH well what do we have here? Another parcel? What joy, what bliss!  What will this one contain I wonder?

Oh my.  It is a Witchery latte cropped leather jacket. Just what I needed! Here it is in all its glory:


For those of you that know me personally - you might be thinking 'Hmmmm.  Haven't I already seen this one before?' Yes my observant friends - you are correct.  I already own this jacket - and love it to death.  And it has reached death - which is why I felt the need to purchase another.  There is a method to my madness. Let me explain:

So this was the first leather jacket I ever owned.  Back when I was working for Witchery (DJs store manager many moons ago.  I still have my DJs badge here on my desk as a constant reminder of the many lives I have lived) we were not allowed staff discount on leather.  Very disappointing - as there was no way I could afford it otherwise.   And then one fateful day - our store received an excellent stocktake result, and we were granted 50% off sale items for an entire month.  Exciting enough - but the most amazing part was that the leather jacket I had been head over heels for since first laying eyes on it had just gone on sale.  $599 reduced to $399.  Still out of my price range back then (struggling uni student/store manager/clothes addict - who am I kidding that is still out of my price range now) but WAIT!  Add on the further 50% off and BAM.  $200.  AND - it was my birthday.  So I had money! Could the stars have been more cosmically aligned?  I now owned a leather jacket.

Since that fateful day seven years ago - I have worn that jacket to death. It has cropped sleeves and bottom so it is completely impractical for actually providing warmth and coverage throughout the winter months - but it was OH SO gorgeous. Stunning.  It has seen me through first dates (being matched in with latte leather Witchery heels), nights out with the girls (ending up stuffed/tied around whatever bag I was carrying) and even been to the races once or twice (lets not even mention what traumas she encountered on these excursions).  It has been very much loved, and is starting to show the depths of my love in the form of bleach spots, pen marks, missing belt and some other random discolourations.  I used to say it gave it 'character' and made it look 'vintage'; but I honestly think is time to retire this thoroughbred.  I tried to wear it to work on a cooler day - and it was just not going to cut it.  But once again - fate stepped in and presented me with the exact jacket; but in almost perfect condition; complete with the long ago lost belt.  So really - there was only one thing to do.  Nabbed this newbie for $64.55 eBay.  Perfect.

My old jacket will require a new home - I'll be selling her off at the Round She Goes market next weekend at the Moorabbin Town Hall.  Good home required - if you are interested come on down.  Might shed a tear - parting is such sweet sorrow.

FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment