Thursday, February 16, 2012

thursday ohhappyday. can i throw my computer in the lake?

Thursday, February 16, 2012
WAH.  Isn't it grand how taking one inconsequential day off work  leads to 127 unread emails, seven urgent flags and five 'please call' message slips stuck haphazardly on my monitor (on closer inspection: four are from the same person. OH. That can't be a good sign).  There are 364 other days of the year of which I am contactable (give or take 100); but the shit really loves to hit the proverbial fan on the days when you just can't be at work. Grrr.

Moving on to a more pleasant topic - today's outfit.  From yesterday's purchases I have decided to test drive the caramel and navy striped Sussan skirt.  Oh yes - its another shirt and skirt combo.. get excited:



So the shirt came up rather blue using that instagram effect, and its certainly not.  It is the same gorgeous charcoal colour as above. Much better. I would not have teamed a blue shirt in this combo.

Okay so outfit consists of: Sass and Bide charcoal The Last Society silk blouse ($50 eBay.  Love the longline shape of this baby, and the colour is rather versatile.  Will be FAB for winter); worn over the newest member of the striped skirt team ($80 Sussan.  Its super comfy and love the caramel and navy tones – again has a snuggly wintery feel. Not sure why everything feels wintery today – it is about 34 degrees outside); and then finished off with Seed Femme dark tan chunky platform clog wedges ($95 in store staff discount Seed Femme. God I miss my staff discount).  The aircon is cranked which may be why I feel a little winter-esque; I am just in the mood for cropped pants, stripey knits and ankle boots.  Am I over summer?  It would appear so.  Until the next floaty floral Lisa Brown dress or Jets polynesian print one piece come along….

FFIFY xx

No comments:

Post a Comment