Thursday, February 2, 2012

hallelujah - praise the eBay gods

Thursday, February 2, 2012
Okay - I am convinced.  Miracles can happen.  The eBay gods must have read yesterday morning's sad and sorry blog post about the deterioration of our relationship and thought 'Hang on.  This poor suffering girl.  What a distressing tale.  We MUST reward her for her loyalty to our site'; for overnight - three of my items received bids. Not one, oh no - and not two, uh uh... but three whole bids! I awoke this morning to three notifications blinking prominently on my i-phone screen 'bid placed on....'. WOOP.  To say I am ecstatic would be an understatement.  Not only has this restored my wavering faith in the world of eBay, but it has also spurred me on to list many more fabulous items whilst I am in the midst of an apparent bidding frenzy. Tonight - its you and me and your selling tool eBay - get ready.

What a lovely way to start the day. Things can only go up.  And today's outfit is no exception.  Its a new combo - made up of both old and new items.  Take a look:

So today's outfit is actually inspired by that cinematic classic 'Silence of the lambs'. 'Uh why' you may ask? Honestly I'm not really all that sure - bf and I watched it the other night ('Ahhh Clarice - sooooo creepy) and it has remained firmly in my head ever since.  I think it is due to the dark and gloomy tones of the brown with the black.. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being dramatic.


And YES I do know that the Instagram inset pic is blurry.  Its not trying to be arty in any way - basically by the time I noticed this error I was already dressed in said outfit.  Bah.


Anyway breaking down the above look we find: Witchery rust coloured sleeveless shirt ($25 eBay - I had classed this in the 'nude shirt' category - but I am pleased to announce this baby has been promoted to 'brown shirt' category. It is the one and only member), tucked into Sportsgirl wide leg palazzo pants ($35 on sale in-store Sportsgirl. Yes - they are very wide leg pants. A tad risqué for an office environment I hear you whisper? Trick - they actually look like a maxi skirt. All good), teamed with Witchery embellished gladiator flats ($129.95 in-store Witchery - yes, I actually paid full price for these bad boys. I love them).  Oh and I have added in my most favourite item in the whole entire world.. my Tiffany charm necklace.  This is the icing on the top of every outfit I wear (except if a statement neckpiece is required). You may have noticed the lack of jewellery in my outfits. No? Well lucky I told you then.  This is due to a very unfortunate affliction from which I suffer - I am allergic to metal.  So much so that I break out in a lovely red itchy rash, or alternatively sometimes my skin will actually turn a gorgeous shade of blackish-green - just for good measure. Great. So I have to be super careful with what I wear adornment-wise - which is why I have two tried and true pieces that complement everything:




The necklace was a gift from my darling Ryan - and now each birthday he gets me another charm (which he chooses himself - impressed much?).  The turquoise mammoth ring was a gift from my mother - we found it on a sunny Camberwell market morning many moons ago. Its huge and eye-catching and conversation-starting and I love it.

CRAP.  I am already meant to be at work. Uh OH.  Im outta here......

FFIFY xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment