Tuesday, January 31, 2012

did someone say beige?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Okay so over the course of the past week or so I have developed an unhealthy addiction to purchasing nude sleeveless shirts.  My addiction to shirts has been around for a long time now, and with the warmer weather this has naturally progressed into an addiction to sleeveless shirts (I have four of the Sportsgirl version in a multitude of colours - if you check back feature prominently in my blog).   Having recently just been looking over my purchase history for the past week, it has uncovered a starting fact -  FOUR nude shirts in four days (okay and an Arnsdorf silk blazer, an Anthropologie necklace, and white and tan draped Willow dress and a pair of Seed Femme black ankle boots if you are getting really specific ).   

Recent nude shirt buys:
Okay so looking at it in picture form makes it seem more ridiculous than I initially thought. Four nude sleeveless shirts buys in four days?  Whist I already own two currently, plus five different shades in their long sleeved cousins... this is a call for beige overload.  My boyfriend often has to give me the beige overload warning... as I seem unable to comprehend the concept of too much beige.  Being such a loyal neutrals follower, I have been known to wear ensembles made up entirely of variations of this wonderful shade: nude and cream stripe top, beige 50's midi skirt, nude ankle boots and a latte leather belt; or a nude shirt and cream pant combo that Ryan swears looks just like I'm off to a pj party.  To him, beige = boring.  To me, beige = sleek, chic and sophisticated, so versatile and very Olivia Palermo.


Not to say I am not utterly overjoyed at the four purchases above.  The top two were from the Cue outlet at Brisbane DFO (yes I was killing time in what is quite possibly the worst DFO before the flight from hell - wasn't that a fun day?) - left Cue $59, and right Veronika Maine $45 (both had a further 15% off WOOP); and then the bottom two are eBay purchases - left is Witchery $25 (this is current season in store), and right Cue $45 (looking very similar to the top Cue shirt BUT I do detect slight differences so they are not exactly the same - phew). Imagine teamed with hot pink peg leg trousers or something in a striking cobalt (which reminds me to add 'cobalt pants' to my most wanted list) - hot.


Look out for more beige combos over the coming weeks... can't get enough.


FFIFY xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment