Thursday, June 14, 2012

the eBay edit... CELEBRIFIED.

Thursday, June 14, 2012
So how would we like to play a game?  A game you say? OH yes I do say - a game.  This game is called SPOTTED: Celebrity style the eBay way; or, to be more specific it could also be very aptly called 'here are some key outfit pieces as seen on celebrities that I have stumbled upon in one of my hourly eBay perusal missions that you can buy from eBay and save yourself heaps of dosh whilst looking just as super stylish as said celebrity in which the item was first spotted on'.

My kind of game.

Please note there is absolutely no theme, trend, reasoning or even thought behind the items that are featured below.  If you can find a connection then that is fabulous for you, but really there is no need to as they are simply a collection of items that celebrities are wearing and I like said items and I can sit here on my couch in regional Victoria and snap up all these items and hen they would be mine and we would have the same items and that would make me just like them.

Exactly.

Ready? Here we go:


SO first up - Mischa Barton.  Hmm.  Not that I am totally loving this outfit - but we know she hasn't really done all that much of note since she finished up *almost ten years ago!!!* on the OC - except for yoyo dieting and hit and miss fashion.  But still - I think this fabulous faux fur coat from Topshop Premium has tons of potential; what if we swapped the 'leggings as pants' (Mischa? Do we even need to go there?), unflattering black shoes complete with contrasting socks and a rather dull grey marle tank for ripped boyfriend jeans, a mint silk cami and beige suede ankle boots - and woot.  Looking good.

Snap that bad boy up here:

Topshop Premium Faux Fur coat.  Starting price $100 - or buy me now $150 - eBay.
Grab me here.

NEXT:


Okay so this is Megan Fox.  Not another one of my go-to celebs when I need a style pick me up; but this skirt is super cute.  You can't go past metallics for a night out; but instead of that blah printed tee I would have teamed with a loose fitting oversized black silk camp, and thrown a leather biker jacket over the top.  Hot.

Interested?

Isabel Marant silver Gia skirt. Starting price $150 - or buy it now $225 - eBay.
Snap up this beauty here.

Next on the SPOTTED radar is:


Fashion blogger Francesca Gutteres from fashion blog Opinion Slave (visit her site here).  So I guess I have cheated and have stalked down fashion blogger outfits as well and cheekily classed it under the 'celebrity' fashion banner.  Are fashion bloggers celebrities?  What defines a celebrity? To me - a celebrity is classed as 'anyone who has been anywhere where I could have seen them along with other people also seeing them at the same time that is not including seeing them walking down the street'.  So this rather broad (and ridiculously non-sensical) definition of celebrity rally encompasses anyone who has ever been on tv, on a website, in a magazine or even in those nightclub pictures they feature in the middle of Beat magazine.  If I have seen you somewhere - there you go, you are famous.  

Regardless of whether she is a celeb or not - she looks fabulous and it is making me want that top. Like - desperately.  She totally deserves not one, but two whole images.  HOT.

SO....
Ellery Chantays Armout top.  BNWT - current bid is $155.  Don't let this one get away girls - find me here.

Just think if you bought the above top you could team it with these babies:


So these guys are from legendary denim label J Brand.  I do partake in a little J Brand indulging, owning four pairs of their fabulous skinnies and wear them to death (well this is a lie as I only wear them on weekends and with weekends only making up 104 days a year and me owning around 45 pairs of jeans that is almost a different pari of jeans for each weekend so they are certainly not going to be worn out anytime soon); but I do not own a pair with such an extreme wide leg or high waist.  I thought I had been there and done that around five years ago with the whole Lee supatube high rise thing but maybe it is back.  And with the widest possible leg.  The look super comfy, and are perfect for teaming with an oh so cas white tee and leopard flats BUT I just don't know if I can pull it off.

BUT I know you can - so snap these babies up here:

J Brand 'Kass' wide leg high waisted jeans.  Buy them now for $50 (NO I am not kidding - they are only $50.  You can have them RIGHT NOW.  So - no wonder I am tempted.....) - eBay here.

And then.....


And then lastly we have Vanessa Hudgens in a black leather Acne biker jacket.  Okay - I am officially changing the name of this game to 'SPOTTED: Celebrities whom I would never look to for fashion advise but suddenly own something I want even though I mostly don't like how they are wearing said item'.  In this case - I think the hat is cute and I like the grey tee but I am hating the what looks to be some sort of a quartz rock crystal acting as an oversized belt buckle.  I just don't get it.  Minus the belt, and some wet look jeans, heels and then this look would become winner winner chicken dinner.  A statement necklace wouldn't go astray in this instance either.

Want the jacket? It can be yours to own...

Acne cropped leather biker jacket.  Starting bid - $300 eBay.  Check it out here.

So there.  That was a wonderful segment that I may (may not) choose to repeat in the near future.

Just further highlighting the amount of fashion bargains that are to be had in the eBaysphere. Like this beauty - that I snapped up for myself not ten minutes ago:

OH yes - say hello to my new Marc by Marc Jacobs Icon Stripe watch.  Isn't she pretty? And only $145 brand new; throw in a little bit of FREE POSTAGE and I am a happy camper.  FAB.

Hmm deliveries so far this week have been:


CONTAINED: 1x Sass and Bide cotton/denim spliced shirt ($50 eBay NEW) and 1x Witchery striped silk blouse ($46.50 eBay NEW).  Neither have made onto outfit rotation as yet, thanks to one small problem known as IRONING.  But when they do - OH findettes you will be the first to know.

Thats about it. Hope you all had a lovely time with today's game.

Coming soon to a checkout near you...

FFIFYxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment